Making a storm damage insurance claim following storm Ciara or storm Dennis? IC Assist can help with internal water damage to ceilings, walls & floors.
Have the recent strong winds caused your roof tiles to slip or blow off? Are you claiming for the cost of repairing water damage inside your property? Just leave everything to us. IC Assist have a team of professional contractors to take care of all types of internal repairs following a storm. Such as; plastering, decorating, tiling, flooring, carpentry, electrics and more.
Our storm damage insurance repair service includes:
- Property drying and water damage restoration
- Treating and drying joists and timbers in the loft
- Laying new loft insulation
- Stain blocking and painting water stained ceilings & walls
- Patch repairing water damaged ceilings
- Fitting new plasterboard and re-plastering collapsed ceilings
- Renewing cracked Artex ceilings
- Plastering & decorating water damaged walls
- Flooring restoration or renewal – solid wood, laminate flooring, vinyl, tiles etc
- Electrical testing
- Bathroom & kitchen repairs
When making a storm damage insurance claim, you must act quickly. Under the terms of your policy, you have a duty to mitigate your claim. This means you must take reasonable care to avoid the damage getting any worse. So if water is still leaking in from you roof, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible. This will therefore stop the water getting in and prevent unnecessary water damage to your ceilings, walls & floors. As the longer the water pours in, the more saturated the building materials will get. Subsequently increasing both the scale and cost of repairs. In addition, longer drying times may be required which will delay the reinstatement works to your property.