This privacy notice explains how IC Assist uses the personal information we collect about you. (IC Assist, IC Assist – Insurance Claim Property Repairs and www.icassist.co.uk are trading names of Property Assist Ltd).
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website;
- people who contact us
- people who request our services
What information do we collect about you?
- You – your name, address, phone number(s), email address, health and lifestyle etc.
- The property – type of construction, property age, details and cause of damage (including pictures and videos).
- The insurance policy/claim – details of cover, including policy and claim number, policy wording and schedule.
- Third parties – we may require details of neighbours, freeholders, leaseholders, tenants/landlords, insurance brokers, letting/managing agents etc.
We may gather your information through face to face communications or via telephone, email, smartphone apps (such as WhatsApp) etc. We may also receive your personal details from other third parties.
Purpose of processing and legal basis for processing your data.
We will use the information gathered in order to provide our services and fulfil our contract. We may also use the information to comply with legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests. This includes:
- Contacting you – via email, telephone and smartphone apps etc to keep you updated, arrange meetings and repairs. Where you instruct or authorise us to, we may also contact friends, family, carers etc.
- Using details and pictures of the property – to produce a schedule of works and present the claim to the insurer. We may also share this information with our sub-contractors to plan and carry out the repairs.
- Reviewing the insurance schedule and policy wording – to establish what the policy covers and any exclusions. This enables us to accurately present the claim to the insurer.
- Managing the claim on your behalf – discussing and negotiating the claim with the insurer and anyone they appoint on their behalf such as; Loss Adjusters, claims validation companies, contractors etc.
- Third parties – we may need to contact neighbours, freeholders, leaseholders, tenants/landlords, letting/managing agents, insurance brokers etc, in order to progress the claim and carry out repairs.
- Arranging and managing the repairs – we may share your information with our agents or service providers such as surveyors and sub-contractors.
- Protecting occupants welfare – we may ask if occupants have any medical conditions such as Asthma or mobility issues, so that this can be taken in to account when planning and carrying out the repairs.
- Complying with legislation/regulations – we may need to share your information with third parties to comply with regulations. For example, for tax/auditing purposes as well as Local Authority Building Control.
- Debt collection/legal action – we may share your information in order to enforce our terms and conditions for debt collection via solicitors, debt collection companies, Courts etc.
- Fraud – we may disclose your information for the purpose of fraud prevention.
- Legitimate business interests – we may use the information gathered to help us improve our services, website and marketing strategies. We may also contact you to ask for your feedback.
How long will we keep your information?
We may keep your information for 6 years after we have fulfilled our contract. You may ask us to erase information we hold about you. However, where we require the information to comply with legislation, we may keep some or all of the information held. We may also keep relevant information for our legitimate business interests.
If you think that there is a problem with the way that your data is being handled or processed, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can contact them on at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.
Storing your personal data.
In order to communicate with you or any other party in providing our services, we may need to store/transfer your personal data outside of the European Union. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the European Union. This includes staff who work for one of our suppliers. For example, emails being stored on our hosts servers.
How to contact us to access, update or correct your information.
You can decline or remove cookies from your computer by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser. For further information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites.
Last updated: 25th May 2018
1 We are Property Assist Ltd and we own and operate this website (‘Site’).
3 You are responsible for all access to the Site using your Internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
5 We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual function or feature of the Site will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Site may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Site.
6 The intellectual property rights in the Site and all of the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on it are owned by us and our licensors. You may not print or otherwise make copies of any such content without our express prior permission.
7 We provide the Site on an ‘as is’ basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
8.1 use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
8.2 use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity;
8.3 impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
8.4 interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
8.5 transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
8.6 reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site;
8.7 modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site. If you wish to reverse engineer any part of the Site to create an interoperable program you must contact us and we may provide interface data subject to verification of your identity and other information;
8.8 remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site;
8.9 frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent;
8.10 create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content;
8.11 use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service.
We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
9 The Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk.
10 You may create a link to this Site, provided that:
10.1 the link is fair and legal and is not presented in a way that is:
10.1.1 misleading or could suggest any type of association, approval or endorsement by us that does not exist,
10.1.2 harmful to our reputation or the reputation of any of our affiliates;
10.1.3 you retain the legal right and technical ability to immediately remove the link at any time, following a request by us to do so