Impact Damage Insurance Claim

Making an impact damage insurance claim?

Book you FREE survey today by calling 0800 4337 290

Impact damage insurance claims are more common than you might think. Careless driving and road traffic accidents happen quite regularly and often result in vehicles knocking down boundary walls and occasionally vehicles even collide with buildings.

Impact damage to walls

If your boundary wall has been damaged and you share it with your adjoining neighbour, you are required by law to serve them a Party Wall Notice (as per the Party Wall Act 1996). It is crucial that this is done correctly as you are unable to start any repairs until your neighbour consents to the proposed work. Don’t worry – we can instruct a Party Wall Surveyor to ensure that you comply. (This is a cost that is often overlooked by insurers).

Impact damage to buildings

If a vehicle has hit your building, you may experience problems opening / closing windows and doors and will need your property secured straight away. More importantly, the impact may also have affected the structural stability of your property. Where necessary, the damaged will be assessed by a qualified Structural Engineer, to protect the safety of you and your family. (This is a cost that is often overlooked by insurers).

Collapsed wall following impact from a carWe provide a complete solution to your impact damage insurance claim

If a vehicle has hit your building don’t worry – we have the all the experience required to not only assess the damage and structural stability of your property, but we also have an experienced team to carry out all of the restoration work. It is also important that emergency repairs are carried out quickly to ensure that your property is safe, secure and watertight whist your claim is being reviewed by your insurer.

If there’s structural damage, we can deal with your Local Authority Building Control Officer

If significant damaged has occurred affecting the structural safety of your property, we will liaise directly with your Local Authority Building Inspector to ensure the repairs are conducted in line with current building regulations. (This is often a cost that is overlooked by insurers, but something we will include in our quote if it necessary).

We can also help with Impact damage insurance claims that involve:

Part wall notices – to ensure compliance with Part Wall Act 1996

Emergency repairs – to help you mitigate your claim and prevent secondary damage

Structural repairs – to make sure you and your family are not put at risk

We have professional tradesmen able to carry out a diverse range of repairs. For more information on the building services we provide, please see our building services page.

Making an impact damage insurance claim? Want a FREE no obligation survey, then call IC Assist on 0800 4337 290